Without a doubt there are many local charities in your area that would appreciate any and all help. Please check your community resources such as Public Radio, newspaper, or social media for opportunities to help with local special interest groups and events. Your time, compassion, and talents can make a difference in the lives of so many. Show the next generation how to help others! Here is a listing of some national and international charities and opportunities to donate.
Click on the title to go to the site.
- Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat’s vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Save the Children. Creating lasting change for children in the United States and around the world.
- The Humane Society. The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
- The Sierra Club Foundation. The Sierra Club Foundation promotes efforts to educate and empower people to protect and improve the natural and human environment.
- YMCA. We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- Charity Navigator.The nation’s largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities. Our team of professional analysts examined tens of thousands of non-profit financial documents to develop an unbiased, objective, numbers-based rating system to assess over 8,000 of America’s best-known and some lesser known, but worthy, charities.