You have probably heard it – We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
Wish you were a child again? You still are! Your inner child is your constant companion, waiting to be itself again. And there is ample wisdom in your childhood. Here are valuable lessons to relearn – from yourself!
1. Lose any grudges. Forget about judging and being judged. Forgive, move on, and get back to enjoying.
2. Rediscover curiosity and imagination. Ask why? how come? and what if? Don’t let the day pass without learning and exploring new things.
3. Create at the moment. Enjoy the potential of freedom to make, discover and pretend for a bit. See the magic behind the thought or creation. Allow yourself to day dream.
4. Find the joy in the small things. Pay notice to the beauty quietly surviving among the chaos of the adult world.
5. People are spiritual beings in human form. Feel freely with our inner child. Don’t limit the world to what you see with your eyes. Be brave enough to be different and allow passion to guide your pursuits.
So, invite your 8 year old self to the zoo or for some ice cream. Remember what Christmas morning was like as a child? I think back and love yourself as a youngster. Give yourself (your very best friend) a hug.
Today – go outside, walk through a playground, pet a dog, smile at other adult children, make new friends, draw outside of the lines, and give more hugs…lots more hugs.
Allow yourself to experience thrill of joy and happiness – and let those around you know it. Relive the simple outlook to love unconditionally – if only for a hour each day. Turn off the news, talk with the flowers in your life the believe in the hidden miracles everywhere.
To start, simply, look in the mirror. A kid is there waiting for you to come out and enjoy life – and yourself.
“The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into maturity.”
Read more here:
We invite you to follow inspiration and insight at InspiringLifeOver50.com – for those over 50 who continue to change the world and those who love them. We are Inspired – not Retired!
We encourage others to republish our content, free of charge. We make it available under the Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license. Here is what we ask: Please credit us as the original publisher, with a hyperlink to our site: InspiringLifeOver50.com Please preserve the hyperlinks in the story. Thanks!