Personal Tagline – Winsome Culinarist
So you are looking for something simple, quick, and pretty darn good – and a little different. Don’t let the name scare you off – this is pretty good stuff. Take a look at this recipe and try it out – you may like it!
As you look at the ingredients and the notes at the end, this can be YOUR creation as there are some options to make this suit your needs and tastes. You will also see that it will make eight to ten servings, making it handy for leftover lunches.
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cans cream soups
- ½ – 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs/seasonings to taste
- 1 16-ounce package frozen vegetables, thawed
- Tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef; drain off grease and blot browned ground beef to remove additional grease if desired.
- While beef is browning, put cream soups into a medium sauce pan. Place the pan over medium heat. Add sour cream and enough milk to produce a thick but creamy consistency. Stir in salt, pepper, other desired seasonings, vegetables, and continue to heat gently. Stir in ground beef when it is done.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Arrange tater tots on top in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until tots are browned and casserole is bubbling around the edges and heated through.
- Ground turkey can be substituted for all or part of the ground beef.
- Diced onions can be added to sauté with the beef as it browns.
- Use whatever cream soups suit your tastes or are on hand. Cream of mushroom, cream of celery, cream of chicken, and/or cream of cheese soup are good possibilities.
- Use whatever seasonings suit your tastes and your choice of soups, such as basil, tarragon, or a good seasoning blend (such as Penzey’s Tuscan Sunset blend).
- Peas and carrots work great for the frozen vegetables. Canned vegetables can also be used. Again, use what suits your tastes or is on hand.
See? Easy and fun to make. Give it a try and let us know how it comes out!!
House Spouse Christal